Maple cream is 100% pure maple syrup heated to 20 degrees above its boiling point. It is then chilled and whipped, until the color and texture is transformed, becoming a delicious spread.
Don't let the name fool you; it is indeed creamy, but there is no dairy in maple cream. No gluten either. Just pure maple syrup enhanced into a new form.
Great Uses for Maple Cream:
- Spread for cheese, crackers or pretzels.
- Mix with ice cream.
- Spread on a bagel or toast, alone or with peanut butter.
- Put a little in your morning coffee to add a sweet flavor.
- Drizzle it over muffins, cookies, or other baked goods.
- Whatever you can imagine!
Storage and Care of Maple Cream
Maple cream should be stored in the fridge when not in use. Over time, maple cream will tend to separate, like peanut butter. If this happens, simply stir the cream with a sturdy knife or spoon. Maple cream can be stored in a freezer indefinitely.